Lakewood supports a variety of missions both locally and globally.
The third Wednesday of each month we go out into our surrounding neighborhoods to get to know our neighbors, ask how we can serve them, share about Jesus, and invite them to church
God’s Storehouse Food Pantry
Lakewood also operates God’s Storehouse Food Pantry, which provides food and hygiene bags to those in need in our local community. The food pantry is open the last Thursday of the month. For more information, contact the office.
Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center
Lakewood supports the Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center. The Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center is dedicated to helping men and women faced with an unplanned pregnancy. All of their services are free of charge. You can learn more about them at their website: https://blueridgepc.org
SBC Cooperative Program
Lakewood is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention of Virginia and participates in the Cooperative Program, as well as the Annie Armstrong and Lottie Moon offerings through the IMB. You can learn more at their website: https://www.sbcv.org/cooperative-program/
Lakewood partners with the following missionaries. Please continue to pray for them.
- Fordys Arnold
- Brian Daigle – https://livgivministry.com/index.html
- Diana Ferrell – https://cwimission.org/diana-ferrell-and-cwi-ministries/
- Tony Haug – https://www.kyoukaishimonoseki.com/about-3-1
- Gerardo – serving in Honduras
- Interfaith Outreach – https://www.interfaithoutreach.org
- Mike Peper – https://www.saltandlightforafrica.com/about-us
- Jeff and Tonda Street – https://missionjet.ca/en/
- Rick Via – https://www.wrpartners.org